COM is administered by AIBMC (The American Institute for Business Management and Communication); one of the most renowned institutes for business management and communications in the United States. By earning COM candidates demonstrate that they have mastered the business communication body of knowledge, obtained the skills of a professional business communicator, and committed to AIBMC core values and code of ethics.
COM Certificate Preparation
If you are studying in order to prepare for the COM exam; AIBMC provides candidates with training sessions for many of the exam questions. AIBMC also provide thorough training for the exam modules using its learning system through authorized training providers and prometric centers worldwide.
AIBMC COM Recertification
Once you have passed the COM exam and received your certificate, you will need to stay up to date on developments in business communication practices. To prove you have maintained and updated your business communication knowledge and skills, AIBMC requires that you recertify every 4 years. (please refer to recertification for more info)
- A passing score on the COM Examination.
- Bachelor Degree in any field and;
- A minimum of 1 year experience in any related business duties or assignments.
- A Minimum of 25 hours of project management approved training.
The COM (Certified Office Manager) examination is a 3-hour exam, multiple case studies and essay questions. The exam is given in booklet form.
Unit 1: Communicating in Today's Workplace
- Career Success Begins With Communication Skills
Unit 2: The Writing Process
- Planning Business Messages
- Composing Business Messages
- Revising Business Messages
Unit 3: Communicating at work
- Electronic Messages and Memorandums
- Positive Messages
- Negative Messages
- Persuasive Messages
Unit 4: Reporting Workplace Data
- Informal Reports
- Proposals and formal Reports
Unit 5: Professionalism, Teamwork, Meetings, and Speaking Skills
- Professionalism at Work: Business Etiquette, Ethics, Teamwork, and Meetings
- Business Presentations
Unit 6: Communication Employment
- The Job Search, Resumes, and Cover Letters
- Interviewing and Following Up
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any other inquiries. International candidates, please contact our authorized representatives in your region.